The BPM Festival: Portugal Ultimate Travel Guide
There is just a little under a month until the The BPM Festival heads to Portugal for its for European stop. As the weekend is approaching, festival-goers need to start planning their trip to the beautiful cities of Portimão and Lagoa. With this being the festival’s first year in Europe, FestPop has put together a travel guide to make it the ultimate music experience. Make sure to head to The BPM Festival: Portugal in September because this event will go down in history. With over 150 of the world’s top underground talent, this will be a festival that music lovers should not miss.
This year, there will be six venues adjacent to one another offering party brands, label showcases and of course electronic music from around the world. What makes this festival extraordinary is the location. Day and night parties will take place along the coast offering views of the beach and sunsets surrounded by the natural beauty of Portugal. Don’t worry, The BPM Festival is hosting the event both indoor and outdoor so attendees can work on their tan too.
Tickets are on sale now. Purchase them here. The closer to the festival, the more expensive tickets will get so buy them now and save money!
Tier 3 this the last tier available for $227.81 (€194.00) + $37.28 (€31.75) in fees. This ticket is valid for all four days. The festival is 18 years old and up.
Since there are six venues throughout the area, it might be easy to make a wrong turn. Thankfully, The BPM Festival released a map to help navigate during the weekend.
Flying From the U.S.
The BPM Festival: Portugal teamed up with Choice Holidays for travel packages. Choice Holidays is a member of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and an Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing (ATOL) as well as protected and insured company.
Choice Holidays offers accommodations as well as a travel package including hotel plus flights. FestPop highly recommends using this travel company to travel to get the best deals.
If your traveling from New York, Aer Lingus is a great airline to take. They offer nonstop flights for the cheapest prices. Aer Lingus is the flag carrier airline of Ireland as well as the second-largest airline in Ireland.
The Ireland airline is known for its friendly and professional crew. The entertainment system offers a variety of music and movies that are perfect for both kids and adults. Newer aircrafts include USB charging ports to keep all electronics fully charged. Roasted chicken is part of one of the meals served during the flight so make sure to wake up for the delicious food.
Fortunately, KLM offers flights from Los Angeles to Portugal. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, is the flag carrier airline of the Netherlands. This airline also has the option for a nonstop flight to paradise.
Like Aer Lingus, KLM has a very attentive crew for all flights. Seats offer a lot of leg room for flyers as well as amazing food service featuring a chicken dish. For those traveling from Europe, this is also a great airline. Short flights include free food and who doesn’t like free food?
As mentioned above, The BPM Festival: Portugal has teamed up with Choice Holidays that offers travel packages including hotels.
FestPop has put together a list of a few hotels in the area that will make the four-day festival even better.
- 4 Star Hotel
- Address: Estrada da Rocha 10 Portimão Faro
- Phone Number: 1-866-599-6674
- Located on the boardwalk and within 1 mile of the Portimao Museum and Rocha Beach.
- Features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, free shuttle and bars throughout the hotel. This is a smoke-free hotel.
- There is 150 rooms with free WiFi, balconies, and flat-screen TVs with cable, 24-hour room service, minibars and coffee makers.
- 3 Star hotel
- Address: R. da Aldeia da Colina | Poço Partido, Carvoeiro 8400, Portugal
- Phone Number: 351 282 342 483
- Located in Poco Partido. This is a Aparthotel that is within 1 mile of Vale de Milho Golf and Algar Seco Rocks.
- This property features a restaurant, an indoor and outdoor pool, free self parking and a free beach shuttle. There is also a bar/lounge, a poolside bar and outdoor tennis courts.
- Each room is an apartment that include fireplaces, kitchens, and TVs.
- 4 Star Hotel
Address: Q.ta Vale del Rei, Lagoa, Portugal
- Phone Number: 351 282 380 120
- This is a family-friendly hotel. It is located within 3 miles of Marinha Beach and Senhora da Rocha Beach.
- Features include 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. There is also a free buffet breakfast, free WiFi, free self parking, a health club, a bar/lounge and a poolside bar.
- Every room includes free WiFi, room service and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Coffee makers, free bottled water and hair dryers are also available.
Food can be tricky to find in another country. Don’t worry though, FestPop has done its research and found some of the best restaurants in the area.
- Restaurante Ruccula
- Mediterranean, European, Portuguese
- Address: Rua Poeta Joao de Deus, Alvor, Portimão 8500-026, Portugal
- Phone Number: 351 965 839 902
- Reservations in advance are recommended.
- Salsa Bistro
- International, Mediterranean, European
- Address: Rua Pedro Alvares Cabral 36, Alvor, Portimão 8500-023, Portugal
- Phone Number: 359 282 041 760
- This restaurant has an amazing atmosphere. If you’re looking for delicious food at a valuable price, Salsa Bistro is the place to go.
- Cafe/Restaurante Tic Tac Bike Tours
- Mediterranean, European, Portuguese
Address: Rua do Apeadeiro No 1 | Figueira, Portimão 8500-132, Portugal
Phone Number: 351 282 037 153
- Offers a unique experience. Bike tours back and forth to the restaurant and amazing food.
Things to do in the area
- Portimão Museum – Learn about the history of how sardines were processed in a factory. The building was just reconstructed so it offers a new experience. Each exhibit explains what was exactly done on site, but some areas do not include English translation. Other interesting exhibits conclude costumes and aerial photos of the region. it is only €3 for adults so it is worth the visit.
- Benagil Caves 2-Hour Boat Tour from Portimão – Portugal is known for its land and beauty, especially Portimão. Visit here to buy discounted tickets for a boat tour of caves. From the photos, this looks like an adventure of a lifetime.
- Half-Day Jeep Safari of the Algarve – Some travelers don’t like boats, so another great way to explore Portugal is by car. Those who purchase tickets will see stunning landscapes and mountain roads while embracing the local culture.
- For additional activities in the area, visit here!
Not only is The BPM Festival: Portugal offering an opportunity to listen to your favorite music in beautiful weather, but also the chance to explore another country outside the U.S. As I have recently traveled to Europe, there are so many cultures in the world that make this world unique. Travel while you can. The BPM Festival is a great excuse to see another country.