After three full rounds of announcements, McDowell Mountain Music Festival (aka The Woodstock of Phoenix), made the last chiseling strike to their masterpiece of a lineup this week. With the likes of MS MR, The Oh Hellos, and a combination of local and national acts, M3F’s lineup comes full circle with a seamless blend of Indie, Hip-Hop, Jam(-ish?),and Electronic .
See the break down by day below:
- Friday- Beck, Animal Collective, MS MR, Big Wild, Captain Squeegee, CooBee Coo, Taylor Upsahl and Mr. Mudd & Mr. Gold.
- Saturday- Kid Cudi, Porter Robinson Live, GRiZ, Bloc Party, St. Lucia, Goldfish, The Main Squeeze, Luna Aura, The Haymarket Squares, Harper & The Moths, and Fairy Bones.
- Sunday- The Avett Brothers, Gary Clark Jr., The Oh Hellos, Bird Dog, Kaleo, Firekid, The Senators, Gus Campbell, Huckleberry, and Ruca.
Friday night (3/11/16) promises an Indie and Electronic-Pop showdown for the masses, Saturday is certainly the dance party, and Sunday will surely make you sit back and soak in the glory of heavyweight musicianship. With a promising three days of excitement, there should never be a dull moment from sunrise to sunset. Literally, check out the After Hours shows below that go until the wee hours of the morning.
- Friday- Animal Collective (DJ set)
- Saturday- M!NT, Goldfish, and GRiZ
And in case this is the first time you’ve heard about the Festival, M3F organizers donate all proceeds to local youth charities, Phoenix Children’s Hospital and UMOM New Day Centers. Over $1 million has been donated since its inception in 2004, with a whopping $120,000 donated just last year (2015). Check out their lineup video below:
Written by FestPop Staff Writer
Email comments to: [email protected]