Just a few more days until MLUSA 2015 and things couldn’t look better! In addition to the amazing setup that organizers have put together, the weather is looking insanely awesome:
With the expectation that Mother Nature will cooperate, the only variables left to be addressed are on you. As a festival lover and Strategist by profession, I’ve been curating my festival essentials list for a while now. Here, I’ve shared what I’ve found to be the crucial elements needed for a camping festival – you can download a PDF of the below checklist here, too: http://bit.ly/1Hi585b
Festival Essentials – Don’t leave home without these
- Parking Pass – All on-site Mysteryland parking requires the pass to be printed and placed in your vehicle’s front window!
- Tickets – Of course you’ll need these, unless yours are at will call
- Valid Photo ID
- Concert Schedule – Last week we brought you a handy, printable PDF schedule for you to download or print out and markup. Mysteryland will be providing them on-site as well
In and Around Your Camp – Whether you’re camping on-site or off, be sure you’ve got these with you
- Tent Lock – a luggage lock works in a pinch, too
- Fold-up camping chairs
- Foldable table
- Sleeping pad / sleeping bag – thick yoga mats can also get the job done
- Battery powered speakers – Keep your fellow campers in mind with your volume levels. Pro tip: bluetooth will kill batteries much quicker than an AUX cable input will. Snag one before if you can to be sure you last through Sunday night!
- Headlamp / flashlight
Food / Accessories
- Beers – Mysteryland on-site rules: no glass, and limit a 6 pack per person
- Liquor – limit: 1L per camper, must be transferred to a plastic bottle. No glass.
- Other Liquids – limit: 3L per camper. No glass.
- Pre-cooked / non-perishable food – No cooking / grills is allowed at ML on-site camping
- Fruit / snacks
- Trash bags – keep your plot clean and be sure to recycle!
- Plates, bowls, cups – recycle!
- Forks, Spoons, Knives – recycle!
- Extra roll of toilet paper – just incase the facilities management can’t keep everything stocked 😉
- Bug spray
- Sun Block
- Chapstick / lip balm
- Spare contacts/solution – If you need
- Toothbrush / toothpaste
- Soap / shampoo
- Towel – pro tip: get a quick-dry ‘shammy’ that divers/swimmers use for ultra portable dryness on demand
- Deodorant – fellow dancers will thank you 😉
- Ear plugs – can be a lifesaver if you’re crashing early and your campground isn’t
- Baby wipes – surprisingly useful for a variety of moments
- Duct tape
- Portable phone charger – charging stations are around the festival, but it’s always good to know you’re all powered up and in communication
- Flag or tapestry for tent
- Glow sticks
- Hula hoops
- Star chart
- Hackie sack
Inside the Festival
- Camel Back / Water bottle: These must be empty at entry, but you can fill them for free around the grounds
- Camera / GoPro: Note, no professional (removable lens) cameras allowed in
- Friend finder – flag or inflatable pool toys are always simple
- Schedule / stage map
- Rendezvous / Meeting times written down – no one likes losing a friend or being the lost friend
Clothing and Footwear
- Moisture-wicking shirt / undies – Keep cool while you work up a sweat dancing
- Long sleeve t-shirt – keep the sun / bugs off
- Sleepwear – Bethel’s temps are going to drop to around 40ºF at night, have something warm to slip into for a good night’s rest
- Thick socks / gloves – heat escapes through your hands, feet and head. Keep warm at night with thick, wool socks.
- Closed shoes – if you’ve ever walked a festival in flip-flops, you know why I list this – it’s the worst. Get a pair of footwear that stay on while you’re dancing and walking.
- Shower flip-flops / shoes – for the communal showers
For full Mysteryland camping rules, check out: http://www.mysteryland.us/en/info/
See you all there and be sure to share your photos all weekend with #MLUSA and #FestPopUSA !
Written by FestPop Staff Writer
Email comments to: Press@FestPop.com