The Popular Hungarian Festival, Sziget Inched to a Close Yesterday, to an End
Which Was as Celebratory as the Festival Itself!
The self-confessed ‘Island of Freedom’ is an 8-day mega-event where music, art, and people descend to unwind in some much needed cultural therapy. Held along the banks of the Danube river in Budapest, Hungary, the natural beauty of the location and its historic significance has led to Sziget becoming one of the most prominent festivals in the world, and one of the more compelling ones in Europe. The 2015 run of the festival too proved to be a brilliant experience for everyone in attendance.
So FestPop went snooping around for all those pictures that prove just how good Sziget 2015 was!
1. People throng Sziget from around the world in large numbers, and this image shows it best!
2. No, seriously, look at the number of people in attendance –
3. And where so many people come together, the best kind of friendships are formed!
5. And if it isn’t loopy enough, there are always colours to make it better
6. You obviously need to believe us on that front –
7. And if colours don’t do the trick, there’s always mud.
8. And if you like neither of those things, you can always play with some fire –
9. But if you’re more of an airborne person, you can pull off some balancing act. Like this guy!
10. If you feel inept at balancing yourself on a rope, you can always take the help of people
FestPop Editorial Staff